Sold! Closed on Tuesday, May 30, 2017!
Just over the rise of Snoqualmie Pass, this property abuts Gold Creek and is framed by Kendall Peak and Rampart Ridge.
Build a new home on the property – electricity is available – or continue using it as a glamping site! The charming A-frame cottage and separate county approved privy are ready to go.
The property is secure behind a locked gate; you can drive-in during the drier months or ski-in during the snowy months.
Unique Mountain Property Stream Frontage One Hour From Seattle
Your own slice of wilderness, with 8.8 acres of forest, meadow and stream frontage. Just over a mile from year-round paved road, on a well maintained gated forest road shared with the Ski Tur community. Although there are 50 or more homes in the valley, almost all are weekend users. With few neighbors and dense forest, it’s hard to believe Seattle is less than 60 miles away. In winter the road is open only to skiers and snowshoers. Valley residents are allowed to use snow machines to access their properties.
For hiking enthusiasts, heading up the valley on the Gold Creek Trail takes you into the Alpine Lakes Wilderness and high mountain lakes. To the west is the Pacific Crest Trail, to the east, Mardee Lake Road connects to a network of forest roads and trailheads and snowmobile tracks east of Rampart Ridge. South, across I-90, are Keechelus Lake, miles of trails including the John Wayne Pioneer Trail, and of course The Summit at Snoqualmie downhill ski areas.
The property has numerous potential building lots with views of Kendall Peaks and/or Rampart Ridge. Water is already piped in from a community system shared by six properties. Electric and phone connections at property line. Currently there is a 12 x 16’ A frame cabin and an 8 x 12’ tool shed that also houses a county-permitted sanitary privy.
Asking $250,000. Owner will finance.
GOLD CREEK IS SPECIAL
- 8 acres of solitude, 1/8 mile or more to the nearest neighbor
- Postcard Alpine views: stream, Kendall Peak, Rampart Ridge
- Dense forest , open meadows, 1000’ of stream frontage. Gold Creek Pond nearby.
- A mile of trails for walking/skiing on the property, many more miles in every direction; Alpine Lakes Wilderness Area 2 miles up the valley
- 3 season gated road access
- Only a few occupants present at any one time in Ski Tur, neighboring development- spend a weekend without seeing a soul
- Community water piped onto property
- Electric/phone service boxes at two locations on border of property
- Rustic cabin with wood stove, permitted vault toilet
- Tool shed, “carport” for equipment storage
- 3 or more potential lots: forest, meadow, or mountaintop views
- One hour drive from Seattle, near downhill and cross country skiing at Snoqualmie Pass
- Opposite side of the creek is owned by the Washington Department of Transportation, managed by the Kittitas Land Conservancy as wildlife habitat. Your view and seclusion is protected
- Barbecue area with hand hewn picnic table, fire bowl, and food prep counter with sink – ready for you to start enjoying immediately while you build your dream retreat.